How can you get involved?
There are many ways that you can demonstrate your support for Literacy.
- Maybe you are more of a "hands on" person and you’d like to actually tutor a student, teaching him/her to read and write. Come to our next Tutor training workshop. Phone the Cabarrus Literacy Council office: 704-920-ABCD (2223) to register or write to email@example.com to reserve your seat.
- In your daily work and life, you may meet a person who would like to learn to read better, PLEASE refer him/her to the Cabarrus Literacy Council. Our phone number is 704-920-ABCD (2223).
- Donate paperback books for us to use in the Cabarrus County Detention Center. Call 704-920-ABCD (2223) for more information.
- Tutors are trained by a team of Literacy Trainers.
- Conduct weekly tutoring sessions.
- Teach English to those who speak other languages (ESOL).
- Lead reading groups at the County Detention Center.
- Help an adult prepare to take a high school equivilence exam.
Other Volunteer Opportunities:
- Office assistance
- Advocacy opportunities
- Technical assistance
- Writing for the media
To learn more about volunteering please contact us here.